There are no lectures scheduled for 2014. Last year’s 2013 presentations:
1. 10 AM Local Resources for Greener Homes and Families - By Staff at Natural Awakenings Magazine
2. 11 AM Are You Hungry for Change? - partial showing of Hungry for Change film. Discover the hidden and compelling information behind the foods we eat and what you may not realize that could transform your journey towards a healthy food supply for your families and yourself. with Gayla D’Gaia and friends
3. 12 N Transforming Local Landscapes through Art and Culture – By Brian McConnel, recently presented at the Marginal Arts lecture series.
4. 1 PM Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems – by Roger Beale, retired systems engineer will present how he constructed and engineered his wind/ solar system. http://www.homepower.com/articles/mail-homebrew-wind
5. 2:15 PM Uranium Mining. Risks and benefits. Discuss how mining uranium can effect the environment with Freeda Cathcart, FMLI
6. 3:00 PM Food Sovereignty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_sovereignty. A discussion by Lick Run (Link to http://www.lickrun.org/) on their efforts in Roanoke for creating food sovereignty with a short video on La Via Campesina’s national movement.
For more information; Please contact Polly Branch, firstname.lastname@example.org